Wanted: DENNIS FAMILY KID HERO
Paradise (aka Puerto Rico) Based Position
Hi there. We are a family of 4, mom, dad & almost 3 year-old twins (boy & girl), seeking a full-time (and highly awesome) “Kid Hero” to help out our family.
We are based in Puerto Rico and love to travel within the island, internationally and domestically and are looking for someone to help out around home & wherever we are in the world (cause we work).
If you’re interested, then please carefully read this entire page and follow the instructions for next steps…
You, In a Nutshell:
This position will work mainly in Puerto Rico, both San Juan & the island of Vieques. As our “Kid Hero” you’ll work with our family to proactively plan super awesomeness for our family. Salary is negotiable (perhaps relative to experience) and hours can be flexible, but would be about 40 hours/week. Education degree or “nanny” experience not required. Loving kids is a requirement.
Us, In a Nutshell:
We’re a fun family who loves to travel and experience the world together … but we’ve found it difficult to consistently run our businesses successfully without help with our amazing children (we may be biased, but others have told us the same ;-). With two semi-little ones in the house and all the other normal to-dos, we’ve realized it’s high time to get some kind & loving help to be part of our family.
Are You and This Position a Perfect Match?
Hmmmm, could be. Depends, does this sound like you?…
- You agree – It’s cool to work with a fun family, and be involved in helping plan and execute all things fun, safe, experiential, and educational with our the little ones. We like these things too.
- You work awesomely inside a home, outside & traveling – You’re a solid self-starter, and the idea of this type of work arrangement suits you just fine. You’re quite comfy self-managing what activities might be good for the kids locally and when we travel.
- You’re naturally a “family friendly person” – You organically come across as warm and friendly; empathy is kinda your middle name (perhaps literally). You love family and are looking to extend yours.
- You’re self-reliant – You follow instructions well, but can also think for yourself and don’t always have to be told every little thing to do in detail.
- You’re an action taker and a finisher – Great at following-up and following-through without needing someone to check in or watch over your shoulder.
- You’re conscientious – Naturally mindful & thoughtful about the details of a thing, and really need for things to be “done right”.
- You’re a can-do problem solver – Getting out in front of problems and proactively helping prevent them in the future comes easily to you.
- You’re not a Debbie Downer – You’re fun, energetic, positive, a skilled listener, and naturally play well with others.
- You’re maybe even a little nutty or weird – Our family has a unique culture. We’ve kinda mastered the art of not taking ourselves too seriously, and just enjoying life as it comes our way. “Characters welcome.”
If this sounds like you, then keep reading and read carefully…
What Does a “Family Kid Hero” Even Do?
Our Hero will work alongside the Dennis Family to make sure our kids are in a safe, fun loved, having fun & safe. From picking them up at pre-school, taking them to the park, reading them their favorite books, dancing with them, coloring, playing games, making tasty, healthy snacks with them.
We are raising well mannered, kind, independent children and want you being part of that. Our goal is to “teach them to fish” and be kind to others.
Basically this person will be a front-line kid champion, not just “babysitting” but going the extra mile to ensure our kiddos have a safe environment full of love and kindness where they are set up to excel in the world today.
Yes! I already listed a bunch up top, but additionally to those already mentioned the right person for this will…
⟶ Know your way around kids, understand they are unpredictable.
⟶ Have super-high integrity, and a track record of being honest, dedicated and loyal.
⟶ Be extremely organized, with special attention to detail.
⟶ Be able to adapt and adjust to things quickly, thoroughly, and in detail.
⟶ Be respectful and comfortable with all cultures, cause we will be traveling the world.
⟶ Have solid interpersonal skills, so extremely comfortable talking to and dealing with our family.
Hours and Pay…
As mentioned, our Kid Hero’s salary is negotiable (perhaps relative to experience), and it is a full time position. Specific hours may be flexible, but should be able to be consistent and reliable.
We are willing to work with a “live-in” or local who loves to travel.
How to Apply
If you think this job is peanut butter and you’re jelly, then please submit the application form below:
The Dennis Family looks forward to hearing from you!
– The Dennis Family
Copyright © 2020